Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. I apologize for neglecting you all, but I've had some time consuming life changes happening. Perhaps at some point I will blog about it, but for now I will post a delicious recipe for healthy protein muffins! As summer is coming, I am trying to clean up my diet more and increase my exercise regime. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six Pack and No More Trouble Zones. I would highly recommend both of them; they're intense and very motivating.
I also tried on all my bikinis today, because I really want to buy another one, and somehow needed to justify it by trying on the one's I already have. Bonus: Thanks to following IsaGenix since December, I already look better in all of them than I did last summer!
Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or spelt flour, oat flour, etc.)
- 3 scoops Protein Powder (I used 2 scoops of Vanilla IsaLean and 1 scoop of IsaPro)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp chia seed or ground flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 whole chopped apple (with or without peel)
Optional: 1/3 cup of honey or agave
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in chopped apple (I had to add another splash of milk at this point due to my overzealous protein scoops.) DON'T OVERMIX!
- Pour into a greased or paper-lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for
about 20 minutes.
These would be delicious smothered in almond butter. Enjoy!
Love Jacqui xo