Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Healthy Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. I apologize for neglecting you all, but I've had some time consuming life changes happening. Perhaps at some point I will blog about it, but for now I will post a delicious recipe for healthy protein muffins! As summer is coming, I am trying to clean up my diet more and increase my exercise regime. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six Pack and No More Trouble Zones. I would highly recommend both of them; they're intense and very motivating.

I also tried on all my bikinis today, because I really want to buy another one, and somehow needed to justify it by trying on the one's I already have.  Bonus:  Thanks to following IsaGenix since December, I already look better in all of them than I did last summer!

Without further ado, here is the recipe for the healthy muffins:
 

Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour (or spelt flour, oat flour, etc.)
  • 3 scoops Protein Powder (I used 2 scoops of Vanilla IsaLean and 1 scoop of IsaPro)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • .5 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tbsp chia seed or ground flax seed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 whole chopped apple (with or without peel)

    Optional:  1/3 cup of honey or agave
Directions
  • Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. 
  • Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. 
  • Fold wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in chopped apple (I had to add another splash of milk at this point due to my overzealous protein scoops.)  DON'T OVERMIX!
  • Pour into a greased or paper-lined muffin tin.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.



    These would be delicious smothered in almond butter. Enjoy!

    Love Jacqui xo

No comments:

Post a Comment